One of our favourite things about leather jackets is that they are such a wardrobe changer. Whether you regard a leather jacket as a wardrobe essential is more of an individual choice, but it’s undeniable that it is one item which can change the way you dress. Today we’re going to share our top 5 tips on how to take the best care of your leather jacket.
- Just got a new leather jacket? Spray it with a little scotch guard as this prevents water from settling in your jacket. Be cautious in the rain.
- Always hang your leather jacket on a shaped hanger. That way it retains its natural shape and always looks great.
- If you spill something on your leather jacket – fear not, just wipe it with a damp cloth or sponge.
- Salt stains leather, so if you have spilt salt on your jacket, wipe clean with a damp cloth or sponge as soon as possible.
- If your leather jacket does get wet, allow it to dry naturally in a temperature neutral room. Never put it on the radiator as this causes irreparable damage.
Posted on Tuesday, April 15th 2014